Monday, November 21, 2016

White Desert Story - The Salt Beds



I can still the hear the rush. The rush of a wind across the salt pans of the Rann.

It was only a year ago that I was witnessing the land, which was so arid and dry, that even a drop of water around was next to impossible. And everything is so changed, now, with the monsoon, making the salt pan look so unusually beautiful and wet.

A certain moistness adorning it's landscape made the entire moment such an amazing feast for one's eyes and heart. We were busy trying to capture the unseen wild beauty of the Salt pan , when I saw my guide and travelling companion deeply engrossed in capturing the landscape with her lens. 

Her locks flowing wild and her blue kurta and white scarf was as if talking with the wind. The moment was so beautiful and innocent that it reminded me of the film Sound of Music , and Liesel singing, the Hills are alive

Only differences are that over here the song was sung by the blue kurta and the white scarf of Sonali and the song made the Salt pan become alive and kicking...

Much later i realised that the moment spent was any Photographer's delight and in an unusual manner become a fitting tribute to the woman and friend in +Sonali Dalal​​​​​​​​ , without whom I wouldn't have survived the boredom and pack my bags and able to explore the traveller in me.

Actually, without her, wouldn't have known the White Desert and it's stories! But Most importantly wouldn't have known the world of friendship ...





No comments :

Post a Comment